Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Open Says Me

The bomb's door lock cylinders are frozen. The driver's door is stuck unlocked. The others are stuck locked. Getting the other front door open wasn't too hard. I just climbed across from the driver's seat gave the handle a hard yank and put my shoulder into the door. Repeat... After a few tries the door popped open. Half a can of WD-40 later, the door opens without much trouble. If you don't own shares of WD 40, now would be a good time to get some. WDFC on NASDAQ.

The back doors weren't going to be so easy. No way was I going to fit through the little window in the partition. Reed Richards maybe. Then I had a bright idea. Hook up a battery and lower the power windows. While looking to see what sort of battery might fit, I noticed the fuse boxes. Or didn't notice them. There was an empty space where they were supposed to be. I found one intact, hanging by some wires. The other box is smashed. So much for idea number one. WD-40 to the rescue. I sprayed the other half a can into the back door locks. Didn't do much except make the yard smell like WD-40.

I still had a Home Depot gift card burning a hole in my wallet. (thanks Mom)



I decided to try and cut my way in. Home Depot's Husky brand air tools are surprisingly good. The cut-off tool is made in the USA. That's getting rare these days. Even more expensive brands like Ingersol Rand are made in China.



The cut-off tool worked well. Another half can of WD-40 and the door came open.


The passenger compartment is in about the same condition as the rest of the bomb. I may be able to save the jump seats.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home