Monday, January 23, 2006

All Work And No Jack


I didn't get much done on the bomb this weekend. The right rear tire went flat Thursday. Temporary Use Only. No kidding. With two tires down the thing is immovable.

I picked up a Torin jack from Northern Tool on Sunday. It looked good on the web and the floor model wasn't too bad. After the 40 mile trip, I unpacked the jack. There was hydraulic oil all over the inside of the box and the outside of the jack. The jack was leaking. There's nothing like a second 40 mile drive to scenic Duluth. Northern tool refunded the purchase no questions asked. No jack, no tires, nothing accomplished.

I did find time to organize the second garage bay. That space is reserved for large items like the motor, transmission as well as interior parts that don't go directly to the trash. I had hoped to be able to save at least some of the panels. I now realize that I'm better off replacing just about anything that unbolts. I have located a few parts cars in the UK. Norm has some panels as well.

2 Comments:

Blogger Andrew said...

Testing. I've had a few reports that comments werent' working.

January 28, 2006 9:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey man, I do like the way you organized your presentation. I just don't have the patience(plus my back kills me after just a little time sitting in front of this computer). I just wondered in and saw your comments on the "taxi".
Did read the whole thing. Don't envy you.
I might be getting another "tank" to work on. I'll post on P2.
Cheers,
GarcĂ­a
spickbeaner@hotmail.com

June 11, 2006 5:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home